The Medicare Open Enrollment Period (or Medicare Annual Enrollment Period) runs from October 15th, 2021 through December 7th, 2021.
What changes are allowed during the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period?
- Switch from Medicare Advantage back to Original Medicare (plus a Medicare Part D plan, and possibly a Medigap Medicare Supplement plan)
- Disenroll from Original Medicare and enroll in Medicare Advantage
- Change from one Medicare Advantage plan to another
- Sign up for a Part D prescription drug plan
- Change from one Part D prescription plan to another
- Cancel your prescription drug coverage
Any changes you make during the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period will take effect on January 1st of the following year.
If Insurance Service of Asheville can be of service, please contact Debra Sale.
Certified Insurance Service Representative